Saint Mark's Episcopal Church: 150 Years of Ministry in Downtown San Antonio, 1858-2008

By: Lewis F. Fisher

Price: $39.99

Quantity: 1 available

Book Condition: Very Good


CF6 - A hardcover book SIGNED by author on the title page in very good condition in very good dust jacket that is mylar protected. Book lightly cocked, a few light stains on the page edges, dust jacket and book have some light discoloration and shelf wear. 10.25"x10.25", 139 pages. Satisfaction Guaranteed. St. Mark's Episcopal Church is a historic church in San Antonio, Texas, United States. It is an Episcopal church in the Diocese of West Texas. St. Mark's was founded as a parish in 1858. The church is located at 315 East Pecan Street in Travis Park, in the heart of the River Walk District and is only four blocks from the Alamo. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on February 12, 1998. Lady Bird Johnson and Lyndon B. Johnson were married at St. Mark's by Rev. Arthur R. McKinstry on November 17, 1934. The rector is the Reverend Beth Knowlton (called to be rector on May 20, 2014). St. Mark's belfry houses a bell that was cast in New York in 1874 from the remains of the "Come and Take It" cannon that ignited the Texas Revolution in 1835 at Gonzales, TX. The cannon; a six-pound, Spanish made, bronze, artillery piece was unearthed in 1852, inside the Alamo, after being spiked and buried by Mexican troops after the defeat and subsequent surrender of General Santa Anna at San Jacinto.

Title: Saint Mark's Episcopal Church: 150 Years of Ministry in Downtown San Antonio, 1858-2008

Author: Lewis F. Fisher

Categories: Texas, Church History,

Publisher: San Antonio, Texas, Maverick Publishing Company: 2008

ISBN: 189327148X

ISBN 13: 9781893271487

Binding: Hard Cover

Book Condition: Very Good

Jacket Condition: Very Good

Inscription: Signed by Author

Size: 4to - over 9" - 12" tall

Book ID: ec53612

Keywords: HISTORY ST. MARK'S EPISCOPAL CHURCH SAN ANTONIO TEXAS,